Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend


Today my dh and I visited Pola Museum of Art and enjoyed the special exhibition devoted to the work of Claude Monet and his contemporaries. I love this museum which locates in a thick and beautiful forest of Hakone and owns a superb collection of Impressionist art. I was wearing a tweed skirt which I made some time ago, so I took a chance for photographing it against unusual backgrounds as well. This is just another (tucked) elastic waistband skirt, and I have almost nothing to say about it... but I really like it at all.


The museum opened a promenade in its backyard (practically, the backyard is a genuine natural forest) some months ago, and of course we had to check how it was too. It was simply a quiet woodland with a lovely promenade. We really loved it at all.

By the way, I am an audio guide mania, you may see it in the pics. That is one of the wonderful inventions of human beings, ever!

=====
Tweed pull-on skirt
pattern: "gather skirt" from polka drops (a Japanese pattern shop)
lined. lengthened by 10cm(4 inches).
fabric: Cotton tweed. blue and white, dry, flow-y, light and soft.

The blog post for my first elastic waistband skirt from the same pattern is, here.
=====

Take care!
yoshimixoxo


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. How do manage to always look so chic? Lovely skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Margo...I wish I always looked so polished and put together. Your skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, and will look really nice with your new pink top too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty skirt and the Museum looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we have a picture of your work space - sewing machine, overlocker, ironing board etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I've posted a picture of my space.
      http://yoshimitheflyingsquirrel.blogspot.jp/2013/09/my-factory.html

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!!