Sunday, December 11, 2011

the longer skirt

I'm practicing photography lately, a wee bit, by myself, and this is me in yesterday's morning.

It was a calm and beautiful Saturday morning. We decided to take a walk to our favorite Italian restaurant for lunch. As there was a plenty of sunlight, I was so happy to annoy my company with stopping at every flower on the way for releasing my shutter to fix the beauty in my camera. The restaurant had a stretch of pretty private path which was very much taken care of with lovely plants, and I had to take thousands of pictures of flowers by the pavement when we were almost there. My DD and DH ended up being kept waiting for me before entering the cozy inside for delicious pizzas. I'm lucky to have a pair of very patient company in my life, I really appreciate it! They made fun of me with taking my photographs of photographing too.
I guess they were talking about the weather, like a harmonious elderly couple.


I made another long skirt. I love this blue skirt that I made in October very much, but I have one thing that I regretted... It should have been longer in my first plan. I'm happy with it in the end, but I needed one more and that has to be one or two inches longer using the same pattern in more hanging fabric. Nerd.
I used a flow-y rayon/linen fabric, with kitten embroidery. The kitten pattern looks kinda humorous and I think the fabric is pretty wearable. I really like it.

Have a very good day, everyone!


Love,
yoshimi

=====
pattern: Jade midi skirt, from Tamanegi-kobo
lengthened much, size 42(2size bigger than my usual size, to make the waist line lower).

fabric: rayon/linen denim, white and beige
kitten embroidery in black,
flow-y, slightly heavy, hanging, matte
=====

13 comments:

  1. Nice skirt and those cats are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful skirt, and what an amazing fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and so wearable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your skirt with the cute cats. Oh and I know what it is like to want to photograph everything you see as you learn how it all works ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely elegant skirt, and the embroidered kittens are too cute for words!  Oooh, I want to go fabric shopping in Tokyo again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt looks lovely and the cats are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skirt.  The fit is great and the print fun and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print.  Love that you dropped the waist on the skirt to change the style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, cat fabric, how awesome! Love your skirt. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. The length makes you look so tall!  Maybe I should try that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black cats are lucky!  I love long skirts too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Long skirts are THE BEST.  I love wearing them and I love seeing them being worn.  Yours is perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!