Wednesday, November 2, 2011

pants Avy

Hello, hope you're very well!

As for me, I hate these tweed pants... because they really don't show their pretty texture, figure, lightness, and loveliness in my pictures. And what is more, I imagine that you can't even find the pants in the pictures because they are melting in my usual background. Mmm!

Yes, I admit I am too upset, I shouldn't have forgotten to mention that I really love my new invisible but playful gaucho pants in the first line. I apologize to you.

I lengthened the pants quite a lot, they are much longer than the length which the pattern originally calls for. Since I'm feeling like roomy and flowy clothes right this moment, they are so very perfect to me. They're fun! I'm so happy with them.

Gaucho pants from the same pattern: photographs here
Orange brown sweater: store-bought
Cream yellow pullover: photographs here

=====
pattern: gaucho pants Avy from annee-pattern (not PDF), lined, lengthened.
fabric: wool tweed, light beige, almost coat weight.
=====



Happy sewing!
xoxo
yoshimi

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful pants in an interesting sillhouette.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I continue to covet 90% of your fabrics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job.  The fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're sneaky! I was thinking "What? Yoshimi has wadders? I don't believe it!"

    Those are very nice---I love the wide drape with the heavy fabric, and the texture looks lovely in the closeup. They look like the perfect fall pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit--and the red shoes are fantastic! I also like the flowiness of the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoshimi, you always make me laugh!

    I love your pants, too.  So very flowy...and the texture is GORGEOUS!  Well done!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pants are lovely.  Thanks for the close-up shot.  The fabric is gorgeous up close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE that outfit!  Great pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is gorgeous, and the whole ensemble is very chic. :-) I've always liked the look of light colored pants, but have never had the courage to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous outfit!  I love the casual, flowy pants with the sweater - that color pops.  Outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pants look wonderful on you. You are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant!  I can see the texture of the tweed in the close-up.  Love the red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant and beautifully flow-y!  I love them, and now I want some exactly like them...  :)  And I very much like that lovely orange top too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yoshimi,

    I adore these pants they look elegant on you.

    I have a question: you make a lot of things in wool. Do you have a huge dry cleaning bill or do you have some other way to maintain your garments?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lorrwill, thank you for your kind comment!
    Although these gaucho pants will be one of the exceptions because of their heaviness, I usually wash most of my woolen garments at home. I'd bring my coats, jackets and some wintry heavy garments to the dry cleaner, but I tend to wash wool jumpers, pants, or skirts at home with my washing machine. I wash my silk garments at home too. I do not try to recommend it to others, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with the "delicate mode" of my washing machine. I always wash my fabrics before sewing if I want to wash the garments at home, and I believe that this pre-washing process cannot be omitted too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for answering my question.  I also wash several things at home. But not tailored items.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pants are so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think they are totally cool. Love the combo of neutral and terracotta red. Swoonable shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous pants!  I love the volume in the leg.  A little unusual and very chic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!