Saturday, September 10, 2011

sewing for her, sewing for fun

Hello there!

I've sewn some garments for my sister, as it's getting cooler and we're feeling like new clothes.

The other day and for the first time, my little sister asked me if I could sew just one pair of pants that was similar to the pair I made last autumn for her. And of course, I was pretty happy to be asked like that! It sounded as if she loved the last pair and chose asking me to make another pair instead of buying something smart from the shops. Though I didn't know if my fantastic idea was true or a real fantasy, it was enough to excite me to finish too many garments sewn for her. I sewed two pair of pants, a shirt, a pullover, a cardigan, and a bag, and named the group of those newly handmade clutters "a pair of pants".

I made these for her in case she needs to go hiking wearing pink and brown.
I sewed the shirt in case she needs to go to library in a flowery shirt.
I promptly sent them over in a BIG box and she politely let me know that it reached at her without any delay. She also reported me that they were all perfectly perfect on her and she loved them at all. I doubt it. I would be frightened if the two words of "a pair" turned into a BIG box. I'm sure she regretted the consequences, definitely.


***
Anyway.
I also sewed for myself, slowly. My latest finished garment is this cream yellow pullover. This is kinda cotton copy of my favorite woolen pullover, which I bought(oops) for this winter from Yoji Yamamoto. This has a twisted funny grain in the upper half and it causes charming creases in the lower half. The fabric I used has fine silver bias stripes on it, and because of them, the pullover may be even more confusing in grain-wise in the eyes. Said that, this is funny but very simple PO and I'm very happy with the result.

My sarrouel kind of pseudo jodhpurs were described in this post too.

Have a happy weekend!

Love,
yoshimi

21 comments:

  1. Your sister is very lucky to have a custom-made mini-wardrobe!  The pieces look great.

    I love your cream/yellow pullover.  What interesting fabric!
    ~ Peggy
     
    http://peggyscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your sister was very pleased with the BIG box of clothes. After all, they are a nice compliment to the pair of pants she wanted : 0 )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Yamamoto copy sweater.  How did you make it?  You didn't rip apart the Yamamoto did you?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pullover sweater is just beautiful. Tasteful and chic. And you can send me a big box of clothes anytime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky sister!  If you're looking for any more (sisters) to ship to, I'm available to volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are not a selfish seamstress.
    Your sweater is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the best sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, your sister is sooo lucky!  I'm sure she absolutely thrilled with her gorgeous new wardrobe, and over the moon she has a wonderful sister like you...
    And I think your new top is perfectly perfect as well...  Yohji Yamamoto is one of my favourite designers.  There was an exhibition of some of his pieces here in Perth one year (for those of us not fortunate to be able to buy them for ourselves!  ;)) and my mother and I went to view it...  it was a big treat,and incredibly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sister is one lucky gal!  I'm sure she loved receiving all three impeccable items.  I think pale yellow is one of my favorite shades of yellow.  It looks fantastic made up into the twist top.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I put the Yamamoto completely flat on the fabric on the desk and cut out the pieces directly. It was a very primitive method!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm sure your sister was pleased with her new wardrobe! 
    And I love the unique pullover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a /beautiful/ top you made for yourself, and your sister is very very lucky to be the recipient of such lovely clothes (and you are very very generous!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Yoshimi!  I love it and perfect transitional pieces for the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are soooo amazingly stylish, your sister is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I woud not doubt that your sister is very pleased! I love the cream sweater too. It looks very high fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pullover. There's a similar design in Pattern Magic, and you've just inspired me to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice sister you are!  Wow.  I've been meaning to sew for my mom for months and haven't got around to it.

    Cool top!  I made something similar from Drape Drape 2, but it did not look nearly as good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The funnel-neck top with the silver threads is so cute!  I think the grain effect highlights the design.  Perfect for this time of year, too...not too heavy, but a bit more coverage for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!  I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts all the way from the beginning!  You are a very talented seamstress, knitter and crocheter!  I sew but have not yet mastered knitting or crocheting.  After seeing your lovelies, I must learn!!  What a lucky girl your sister is!!  Love your blog.  Thanks for sharing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd like to have a sister like you!
    Your new pullover is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so pretty yoshimi!  i'm feeling the same way... i love to make dresses but the closet needs options. and i love your description as "greedy".  i'm always down for sewing greed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!