Tuesday, December 23, 2008

coat "poppie"


coat "poppie"


I have made this coat, for my colleague's wedding party. It'll be in next February but it's always good to be ready in advance!
( I will need to make a dress and a shirt for my girl and husband by then, so there is not much time, anyway.)


The fabric is gorgeous indeed, and I really adore its quality. To my eyes, it shines like a golden wheat field in the late summer. Something beautiful, nothing snobbish.

coat "poppie"
coat "poppie"
coat "poppie"



=====
pattern: anneecotton* "poppie", a short&dolman-sleeved wide coat
fabric: alpaca50/wool50 blended shaggy fabric, the color of double cream
lining: twill cupro, pale gold
2 plastic buttons and fusible interfacings (hard for collar, thick&soft for facing and hem)
=====




a simple silk skirt (to be)

I have also made a skirt out of this silk satin. After finishing the coat, I realized that one of my handmade scarves suited it very much. I had to make a skirt out of the leftover of the scarf!

a simple silk skirt

=====
pattern: anneecotton* "A-line skirt 948"
fabric: silk satin
lining: cupro, cream
invisible zipper and interfacing (thick&soft)
=====

5 comments:

  1. This coat is gorgeous ! I love the colour and the shape and the fabric looks great ! And you skirt is lovely !
    Helene .

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fabrics are so beautiful! Love the coat, I imagine it will look fabulous against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Helene and Novita! I think those fabrics are great and they did a very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow wow WOW! The coat is stunning, and the skirt is beautiful too.
    I will have to check out this anniecotton pattern company- never heard of them before...
    Can't wait to see your husband's and daughter's outfits- the Flying Squirrell family are going to be the best-dressed folks at the wedding, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi EmilyKate, your wow wow sounds so lovely to me. Thank you so much! I'll try to take some photos of us on the day, to show their outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!